Branch, chapter and regional events are set up using the HBA Event Setup portal, which is located in your HBA profile. chapter programming and engagement DALs and regional programming and engagement leads have access to this module. If you do not see the "Event Setup" link in your profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select your event type from the drop-down menu (i.e. Meet the HBA, Make the most of your HBA Membership, Networking or Educational)
- Complete required fields on the first page and click "save" to go to the next page
- If this is a virtual event, please include the meeting information in the "additional information" section. HBA staff will ensure this information does not appear on the registration page after submission.
- On the next page, you can add speakers and sponsors for the event. If you have speakers at your event, please ask them to acknowledge our HBA Speaker Agreement via their HBA profile (Note: when entering speakers and sponsors into the form, both must have a profile in the HBA database to be added. We encourage all event teams to follow our event speaker administration guidance prior to setting their event up for registration)
- If you cannot locate your speaker, please ask them to create a free profile here
- On the last page, you will set the pricing for your event. Pricing must follow the guidelines listed in the HBA Policy Handbook.
- You can then save your event as a draft to complete at a later date or go ahead and publish to the HBA website.
- Your event will automatically publish and open for registration 6 weeks prior to the start date. If you are already within the 6-week window, your event will publish immediately. Events can be edited in both draft and published formats through the event manager.
- Once open for registration continue to Monitor event attendance
If you encounter any difficulties with setting up an event, please email email@example.com and HBA staff will be happy to assist you.
Please see below for a video walk-through as well as a training deck: Event setup training deck.pptx