Chapters and regions are welcome to host virtual networking events for members-only. We suggest offering chapter-specific events to help locals connect with other locals and avoid overly large groups that may be hard to manage. Please click here to see some networking event ideas that may also help inspire you.
Networking webinar pricing: free
- Note: our system has our in-person networking event pricing minimums ($10) hard-coded. This price will be adjusted by HBA staff prior to the registration page going live.
- Virtual networking events should be open for registration following the typical event setup procedures on the HBA website Webinar login instructions should be added in the “Additional Information” section and they will be sent via email to registrants automatically when they sign up
- Affinity group webinars should be managed through Lori Whitehand
Virtual networking webinar platform options:
Option 1: use an existing platform
- Many leaders have existing access to virtual platforms such as GoToMeeting, Webex, Zoom, etc through their work or their personal lives. If this is an option, please feel free to use existing platforms you have access to and are familiar with
- Explore other free platform options such as FreeConferenceCall, Skype, Google Hangouts or Uber Conference
Option 2: use a regional Zoom platform
- The option has been put to each region’s executive leadership to receive a regionally-specific Zoom Pro platform license from HBA while the crisis lasts.
- The continued need for these platforms will be assessed periodically over the coming months as the situation evolves.
- If requested, HBA will create and send you the login credentials for regional and chapter use
- Zoom Pro features:
- Capacity for 100 individuals
- Breakout rooms
- Offers active speaker view or gallery view (many simultaneous attendee webcam feeds)
- Screen sharing and whiteboarding
- Dial-in by phone or computer and chat feature
- Find out more or get familiar with the platform at https://zoom.us/resources
Important note: HBA is not able to provide technical support for networking or engagement events. A chapter or regional leader must be able to run all technical aspects of the event in their entirety.