The monthly message from the regional chair is a prime opportunity to directly address your region. This monthly outreach is your region's opportunity to create or close the loop among your various marketing channels and segments. Here are some best practices to consider:
- Your audience isn't limited to members OR seasoned readers. Some readers will be seeing this message for the first time, while others are seasoned members all too familiar. A conversation with your engagement volunteers will help determine whose engagement is critical at the time of sending. Boilerplate calls-to-action (social media, regional events, etc.) may also fill new readers' information gaps.
- Timing is everything. Be mindful of the events (HBA, local and global) during the time of the message's launch. This mindfulness will help determine whether you're encouraging engagement, providing a summary, or offering a prospective or retrospective thought piece.
- Leverage other channels. We're cutting characters this year (no more than 700), so make use of the different channels you have!
- Publish longer articles on the website and reference them.
- Shout out your leaders and volunteers on social media—and tag them!—and encourage readers to join the celebration on social.
- Looking for local feedback or resources? Post a question to your regional Community and encourage readers to head over there to share their thoughts.
Submissions of 700 words or less with a suggested subject line should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by EOD on each due date.
2023 Regional Message Schedule
Deadline to Submit Content