The Marketing Excellence Regional Director provides region-wide training, support, best practices and resources on marketing and communications to all local chapters and regional committees. Is the primary liaison between HBA Central marketing staff and volunteers within the region. Reports to the regional Marketing and Communications Center of Excellence (COE) President.
Regional Director role responsibilities
- Maintains a committee (or committees) of volunteers to assist with strategy-setting, planning and activity implementation to deliver on committee expectations.
- Collaborates with regional Engagement committees to identify and satisfy specific volunteer needs; actively invites members from across the region (and beyond) to participate on their committee.
- Ensures all committee members are trained and have access to required materials for their role. Ensures committee members deliver on committee expectations with high quality and professionalism and ensures committee volunteers comply with all HBA standards and policies.
- Aligns committee planning, goals and activities with other relevant regional committees, chapters and HBA central.
- Establishes committee meeting frequency, defines participation expectations and chairs committee meetings.
- Attends to succession planning, developing the next wave of committee or regional leaders.
- Participates in COE, Chapter and/or regional meetings as needed to ensure alignment of activities.
- Actively participates on functional calls with HBA staff and ensure information is shared with committee in a timely manner.
- Manages committee budget, where appropriate
- Responsible for reporting committee plans and status and data to COE President.
Marketing Excellence responsibilities
- Chapter Support: Supports the Marketing and Communications volunteers in the chapters
- Share marketing, communications and brand strategy and policies with chapter volunteers.
- Act as subject matter expert, coach, support for chapter marketing teams.
- Train chapter volunteers on HBA brand standards (i.e. brand book), templates and marketing automation tools; ensure easy access to all required marketing tools and understanding around use of graphic design.
- May provide copy writing expertise to chapters.
- Regional Coordination
- Function as liaison between HBA Central and chapter volunteers.
- Oversee scheduling coordination of all event promotions within the region.
- Work with chapters to identify specific local needs or adaptations to HBA brand or messaging and work with HBA Central to address needs.
- Work with HBA Central to drive improvements and innovation in Marketing.
Regional leaders spend time a) managing their designated committees, b) participating on their designated leadership team (e.g. Center of Excellence) and c) interacting with other leaders in the same role across the association.
Roles generally require about 10 hours per month. Estimated activities are as follows:
- 4-6 hrs per month managing their committees: setting and reviewing plans and progress, coaching leaders, ensuring volunteers are trained and ready for their role
- 2 hrs per month in Board or COE leader meetings: sharing and coordinating plans and progress; longer term planning and budgeting
- 1-2 hrs per month interacting with their role peer group: sharing innovations, discussing new policies and best practices