- Works with regional council, HBA central and chapter EC to create and maintain a strong chapter board.
- Chairs EC and board meetings; ensures efficient and effective chapter operations, attends to succession planning for self and DALs.
- Mentors, coaches and supports functional DAL’s in their leadership roles and professional development.
- Oversees creation of chapter strategic and annual plan, establishes key priorities and ‘culture’ for the board
- Champions key chapter growth initiatives
- Responsible for annual chapter P&L
- Primary liaison with Corp Relations Department President ensuring alignment of the chapter with corporate engagement and outreach strategy.
- Represents chapter on regional council and to operating board, the membership, and the association; attends to chapter and volunteer recognition events as needed.
- Cultivates relationships with local healthcare/organizations in support of regional goals
- Works with regional departments to ensure effective on-boarding, training, and tactical support of chapter volunteers and activities.
Key tasks of chapter executive committee
- Set the vision and key strategic initiatives for the chapter in collaboration with the chapter board and in alignment with the HBA vision and strategic imperatives
- Ensure the chapter in is compliance with all HBA operating policies and bylaws and all relevant laws in their jurisdiction
- Ensure the chapter is in compliance with financial guidelines and policies
- Participate in association meetings and discussions to drive offering, process and value innovations, and continuous improvement
- Motivate, engage and empower board members and committee chairs
- Track and monitor key chapter deliverables and progress towards goals
- Ensure all board members actively participate with their respective HBA functional colleagues
- Foster volunteer recruitment and recognition efforts; oversee board orientation; establish effective leadership within each functional area in support of the chapter goals; manage chapter succession planning