The Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) has adopted this Code of Conduct to guide its Board of Directors, officers, committee members, employees, volunteers, independent contractors, agents and other representatives, when acting on behalf of the HBA, to enable it to build and continue a tradition of integrity, honor and ethics in our collective pursuit of the development and advancement of women in the healthcare industry.
II. Code of Conduct
The foundation of this Code consists of the following standards of business compliance as well as personal conduct.
- We will act with honesty, fairness, trustworthiness, and candor, observing the spirit as well as the letter of the law and regulations.
- We will act in accordance with the highest standards of professional conduct, treating everyone with respect and dignity.
- We will communicate in a respectful manner, avoiding degrading, demeaning or hostile words. We are committed to building strong relationships and an inclusive culture in support of our common mission.
- We will avoid conflicts between personal interests and the interests of the HBA, or even the appearance of such conflicts.
- We will ensure our reputation for integrity remains strong and avoid activities or associations with third-parties which might reflect adversely on the HBA.
- We will protect the integrity, privacy and appropriate use of data in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
- We will create teams that celebrate our differences in geography, ethnicity, culture, personal and professional backgrounds.
- We will enrich the careers of our staff and volunteers by providing them meaningful opportunities for growth and development.
- 9.We strive to create a safe workplace.
- We prohibit any form of bribery, kickback or inappropriate payment to conduct business anywhere in the world.
- We care about the communities where we do business and will conduct ourselves in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- We will protect the HBA’s confidential information and the confidential information of others which we may be exposed to under a Confidentiality Agreement.
- We will protect and enforce our Intellectual Property rights to any new ideas and innovations that are created by or on behalf of the HBA.
- We will hold ourselves responsible and take all appropriate steps to ensure the security of all digital devices and services used in the conduct of HBA business.
- We will ensure equal opportunity for all without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, religion, race, color, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a veteran, marital status, gender orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.
- Through leadership at all levels, we will sustain a culture where ethical conduct is recognized, respected and promoted by all directors, officers, committee members, employees, volunteers, independent contractors, agents and other representatives.
It is every director’s, officers, committee members, employees, volunteers, independent contractors, agent’s and other representative’s responsibility to be familiar with this Code of Conduct and to be sensitive to and report any situations that may violate it.
Senior staff at the HBA have the additional responsibility to verify that staff whom they Supervise understand and comply with the Code of Conduct.
This Code is not intended as a stand-alone policy. It does not embody the totality of HBA’s ethical standards, nor does it answer every ethical question or issue that might arise. Rather, it is one element of a broader effort to create and maintain a quality organization that gives ethical conduct the highest priority. This Code will be reviewed periodically.