A strategic leader of the function within the region, ensuring department strategy is implemented and that the department is operating optimally.
- Second in command to the president, stepping in as needed in the president’s absence to fulfill department leadership responsibilities.
- Leads department strategy implementation including:
- Organization and oversight of department members, ensuring no priority tasks are missed
- Operating plan/activities alignment with other regional departments
- Liaison to chapters, ensuring chapter alignment with regional functional strategy, budgeting guidelines, overall coordination and to gather local insights to inform regional/global strategy
- Coordination of any necessary functional reporting for the region
- Ensures department is functioning optimally from an organizational and administrative perspective.
- Assists with the succession planning of the department, building the department teams and understanding department’s talent pipeline