The HBA Community is private and secure members-only online community, where members can connect with each other, participate in discussion, access useful information, contribute to the knowledge base and post questions to peers. It can be accessed directly by clicking here and logging into your HBA profile to access members-only content. You can also access the HBA Community by visiting the HBA website, logging into your profile and clicking the HBA Community link at the top of the page, which will open it in a new browser window.
Once logged in, your home page will consolidate of the most recent HBA Central offerings, member announcements, discussions and career postings. Along the center of the HBA Community page are a series of links you are encouraged to explore, but below are some highlights you will find depending on your membership status and if you have volunteer leader access:
- Member forum: for discussion and connection with all HBA members across the organization
- Communities: select the drop down for My Communities to see all the specific functional, geographic and interest-specific Communities you have access to for discussion
- Directory: allows access to searching our full HBA member directory
- Volunteer: gives access to opting in to HBA's volunteer pool or browsing open volunteer opportunities
- To access the HBA Community, click the HBA Community graphic on the HBA homepage. You can also navigate directly by visiting community.hbanet.org.
- In the top right corner, click the button that reads “login to see members only content.”
- Also in the top right corner of the screen, you can quickly access your profile, list of communities and message inbox.
In the HBA Community, you can edit your profile to include information about your education and work experience.
- Click on "HBA Community" in the top right hand corner (You must be logged into your count to access this page)
2. Navigate to your profile by clicking the down facing arrow icon and profile button in the upper right corner of the page.
3. From your profile, you can add information by clicking the green “Add” button or edit and delete any existing information. You can also easily import your information from LinkedIn by clicking the “Import Your Info” button.
- In the "My Account" section of your profile, you can edit your privacy, email and notification preferences to control the number of community emails you receive and the ways in which your information in shared with other HBA members.
Members can view shared documents in community libraries.
- Navigate to the “Library” section of the Member Forum or a specific community.
- You will see a system of folders on the left side of the page where files are organized, as well as a list of documents on the right side of the page.
- When you have found the document you would like to access, double-click the title to open the document page.
- Scroll down the page to the file name and click the download button to save a copy of the file.
To participate in discussions in the HBA Community:
- If you are posting in the “Member Forum” click the link on the community navigation bar. If you are posting in another community click "Communities" then choose"My Communities" and selecting the community to you are planning to post the content in.
- From here, you can browse discussions, shared files and the membership list.
- To add your own discussion, click the green “Post New Message” button in the discussion section.
- In accordance with the HBA Community etiquette policy, please keep topics relevant to the HBA mission and refrain from posting commercial messages. Job opportunities should be posted in the HBA career center instead of the Community.
- You can read an existing discussion by clicking the topic title.
- For each post, you can choose to respond publicly to the discussion or reply directly to the sender through a message, by clicking on “Reply to Discussion” or by clicking the arrow icon and selecting “Reply to Sender.”
1. Click on the “Communities” link in the navigation bar.
2. You can view all Communities, or a list of your subscribed communities only.
3. Discussions and shared files are accessed in the same manner as the member forum, but are only seen by those who have joined that particular Community.
- To update your communication preferences from the community directly, click the "settings" button next to the community name and choose your preference from the drop-down under "email notifications":
- To update communication preferences for all your communities at once, click here
Go to “My Profile” and click on "My Account” and select “Community Notifications.”
Scroll down to “Notification Settings” on this page, you'll see an option in the dropdown for Real Time, Daily Digest, PlainText or No Email (see below for descriptions of these choices). You will also see a check box for Consolidate Weekly Digest. Select your preferences and they will automatically save.
- If you would just like Weekly Digests, you can choose No Email and check Consolidated Weekly Digests
For each discussion, you have the following delivery options:
- Real time: sends an email every time a new message is posted
- Daily digest: sends one email to you each day, consolidating all of the posts from the previous day
- Plain text: sends real-time text versions of the posts, which are compatible with Blackberries and most other handheld devices. This option also allows you to reply without logging into a web browser, but it does NOT allow you to include attachments with your post.
- No Email: allows you to be part of the group without having emails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging into the community site.