Branch, chapter and regional events are set up using the HBA Event Setup portal, which is located in your HBA profile. Chapter programming and engagement DALs and regional programming and engagement leads have access to this module. If you do not see the "Event Setup" link in your profile, please contact email@example.com. Please visit our virtual programming guidance page for more information.
- Select your event type from the drop-down menu (i.e. Meet the HBA, Make the most of your HBA Membership, Networking or Educational)
- Complete required fields on the first page and click "save" to go to the next page.
- If this is a virtual event, please include the link to join the meeting in the "additional information" section. HBA staff will ensure this information does not appear on the registration page after submission and that it is moved to the registration confirmation email.
- On the next page, you can add speakers and sponsors for the event. If you have speakers at your event, please ensure that they acknowledge our HBA Speaker Agreement via their HBA profile (Note: when entering speakers and sponsors into the form, both must have a profile in the HBA database to be added. We encourage all event teams to follow our event speaker administration guidance prior to setting their event up for registration.)
- On the last page, you will set the pricing for your event. Pricing must follow the guidelines listed in the HBA Policy Handbook and our Events-at-a-Glance chart.
- You can then save your event as a draft to complete at a later date or go ahead and submit it to be published to the HBA website. Please submit your event for publishing at least 4 weeks prior to the event start date.
- HBA staff will review your submission, finalize it, publish to the website, and open your event for registration. Please note that events can be edited in both draft and published formats through your HBA portal.
- Once open for registration, continue to monitor event attendance.
If you encounter any difficulties with setting up an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and HBA staff will be happy to assist you.
Please see below for a video walk-through as well as a training deck: Event setup training deck.pptx