This role serves as the leader of the affinity group at a global level, driving strategy for their group across the organization, providing member value offerings and acting as a resource to HBA regions and chapters. Reports directly to the Deputy Chair of the Global Affinity Group Committee and works closely with HBA staff.
The global affinity chair is a thought leader for the member group at a global level. From a leadership perspective, they are externally and strategically focused, working to align group priorities to organizational strategy, works collaboratively to determine group direction and relationships. Builds and leads a robust global/virtual team to execute on the strategic plan and initiatives.
- Creation and maintanance of yearly strategic plan
- Utilizes the information and input from their leadership team and regional liaisons to inform their overall strategy and outline goals for the year.
- Leads monthly AG meetings with their team
- Promotes the AG and assists with growing member engagement efforts
- Thoughtfully curates thought leadership articles and participates in speaking engagements based on topics relevant to the affinity group.
Time commitment: 5-10 hours per month