Meet the HBA events are sessions designed primarily to attract new members and/or recapture former members. They are complimentary, small events, with no expenses or revenue. They are open to members and nonmembers. An example of this event type might be a “coffee chat” or happy hour; the focus is on meeting and connecting with new/former members to talk about the HBA. These are typically informal and not content-focused events.
- Decide on the date, time, and location of the event. Be sure to keep in mind that no expenses can be incurred for this event.
- Determine who will be the point person for the event
- Point person reserves a table if meeting at a location with tables such as a restaurant.
- Committee lead opens the event for listing on the website
- Attendance reports can be pulled from your profile to get a list of those who have signed up; see how-to document for details.
- Point person attends the event, engages with new/former members casually
- See elevator speech below for HBA talking points
- Point person collects contact information of those with membership questions or in need of other followup
- Point person sends a brief description of the event to committee lead for tracking purposes (how many attended, did any attendees decide to join/rejoin.)