The Summit Speaker Team Lead supports the preparation and planning for the Annual European Summit. Reports to the regional director, regional conferences.
- Oversees the development of the agenda of the Summit based on pre-determined agenda “skeleton”. Develops it and ensures we have the right speakers, ensuring speakers/topics fit with the Summit theme, objectives and purposes
- Research and liaise with potential speakers, research keynote speakers to attract people to join the Summit, both as speakers and as attendees, confirms speaker's participation and secures speaker agreement, biography and headshot before passing to the logistics team to complete remaining administrative items
- Speakers should be proposed to Summit director and Regional Council before confirmation.
- Key note speakers need to be taken into account based on Sponsorship package, thus close collaboration with Sponsorship team is crucial.
- Engages and consults with the Summit marketing team, CoE MarComms team, working closely and collaboratively with them, ensures that the CoE approves of content and look and feel of Agenda. Provides all agenda item titles, speaker names/titles/companies to the marketing team to design front-facing agenda.
- Engages and consults with the MCI team, working closely and collaboratively with them to ensure speaker administration is carried out in a timely and efficient manner and to ensure speaker logistics needs are met onsite. Alert MCI to the specific topic the speaker will cover, and the official time slot in the agenda. Introduce MCI to the speaker as the main point of contact for all administrative needs once engaged
- Ensures an efficient Speaker team structure is in place and that enough volunteers are in place to execute the Summit plan. Ensure that volunteers understand relevant policies and procedures. Ensure the HBA speaker processes are followed and that speakers have an excellent experience.
- Hold team members and stakeholders accountable in order to make sound and timely decisions
- Will use event and project management tools and the HBA Cloud provided by MCI to ensure that every stakeholder has an excellent overview at all times.
- Provides guidance and support for the Marketing members, ensures coordination and collaboration among them.
- Can provide general overview of milestones and actions. Foster an environment where colleagues feel comfortable raising concerns and identifying risks.
- Ownership & accountability
- Learner Mindset
- Create confidence & engagement among volunteers
- Role-model collective ownership
Time requirements: 10 hours a month