The Corporate Engagement Regional Director is the regional liaison to all Corporate Partner locations with sites in the regional territory. Responsible for coordination of venues/space and other sponsorship from Corporate Partners for local events and proposing eligible Corporate Partners for the Ambassador Program, assisting in the transition. Reports to the regional Corporate Relations Center of Excellence (COE) President.
Regional Director role responsibilities
- Maintains a committee (or committees) of volunteers to assist with strategy-setting, planning and activity implementation to deliver on committee expectations.
- Collaborates with regional Engagement committees to identify and satisfy specific volunteer needs; actively invites members from across the region (and beyond) to participate on their committee.
- Ensures all committee members are trained and have access to required materials for their role. Ensures committee members deliver on committee expectations with high quality and professionalism and ensures committee volunteers comply with all HBA standards and policies.
- Aligns committee planning, goals and activities with other relevant regional committees, chapters and HBA central.
- Establishes committee meeting frequency, defines participation expectations and chairs committee meetings.
- Attends to succession planning, developing the next wave of committee or regional leaders.
- Participates in COE, Chapter and/or regional meetings as needed to ensure alignment of activities.
- Actively participates on functional calls with HBA staff and ensure information is shared with committee in a timely manner.
- Manages committee budget, where appropriate
- Responsible for reporting committee plans and status and data to COE President.
Corporate Engagement responsibilities
- Finds venues/space and/or sponsors from Corporate Partner locations within the region for Chapter, Regional and/or Flagship events
- Assists in building “HBA Inside” within Corporate Partner (CP) companies in the region:
- Liaising to drive engagement with HBA, awareness of member/volunteer benefits and events, sponsorship needs and other opportunities
- Building HBA’s presence to further individual engagement and as a precursor to the Ambassador Program, suggesting potential companies to the Global Ambassador Committee and assistance in transition to the Ambassador model)
- Coordination with programming COE to understand annual sponsorship needs and align planning, goals and activities to secure venues/space and sponsorship for events at CP locations
Regional leaders spend time a) managing their designated committees, b) participating on their designated leadership team (e.g. Center of Excellence) and c) interacting with other leaders in the same role across the association.
Roles generally require about 10 hours per month. Estimated activities are as follows:
·4-6 hrs per month managing their committees: setting and reviewing plans and progress, coaching leaders, ensuring volunteers are trained and ready for their role
·2 hrs per month in Board or COE leader meetings: sharing and coordinating plans and progress; longer term planning and budgeting
- 1-2 hrs per month interacting with their role peer group: sharing innovations, discussing new policies and best practices